Talk:Once in a blue moon, there's an embarrassment of riches
January 1, 2010: Tarot reading
- The Significator (that is, me): The Fool (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/fool.htm): The subject of the reading is a dreamer, a mystic. He has the desire to accomplish a great goal. He must be careful to make the right choice. New beginnings will now be presented - fresh challenges. Leap into this new phase of life - be innocent and spontaneous, curious and playful. The ultimate optimist, appears very lucky to onlookers and is indeed charmed. Unmitigated joy, walking on air as here is the ability to see the positive lesson inherent in any duality with man's will.
- Covering me (the present): Nine of Swords (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/nine_s.htm): Analyze your situation carefully now - focus on your priorities and forge ahead. Confront your fears. Stress and depression are the last despair of your rational mind before new possibilities break through from the unconscious and allow it to flow freely. Concentrate on what is most important for you to complete. Immerse yourself completely and totally in your work. Trust in yourself and the course you have committed to. The ink is drying on your philosophy and goals for this lifetime. Here is the impact of idealism and you will be tough on yourself. This is a time of major decisions, decisions which select a major fork on your path.
- Crossing me (opposing forces, good or bad): Judgement (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/judgement.htm): Wonderful things are starting to happen now. Trust and believe that the new vibrations will let you see exactly what you'd like to be. Be willing now to direct yourself - make all the changes you desire. You have achieved worthy goals, attained inner development and you are entering a time of serenity and happiness - a time of new beginnings. Your perception is influenced by your past experiences - descend into the waters of nothingness and rise up liberated from all this partial knowledge. As your ego dies away - the illusions of isolation are dissolved and your spirit is resurrected. Use your intuition to its very maximum now. Actively participate in the process of world evolution.
The power belongs to him who knows, and he who knows is hten responsible. The Fool is one who by effort and suffering has found the secrets of life. A life well lived, work well done. Awakening, renewal. A change of personal consciousness which is now on the verge of bending with the universal.
- The heart of the matter: Ten of Cups, reversed (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/ten_cr.htm): A highly-charged situation has gone wrong and you are experiencing burn-out because you have chosen to turn your emotions inward against yourself rather than expressing them. This denial of your inner self is blinding you to the happiness life can offer you. Allow your inner emotional contentment to radiate out in all aspects of your life and you will know satisfaction. Try not to analyze so much.
- Passing away: Nine of Cups, reversed (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/nine_cr.htm): Greater awareness - the rejection of "surface" values. Never allow yourself to think that this is all there is! Remain loyal to your purpose, to yourself and to others. Having completed your work, prepare your mind to move on. You have the ability to integrate and balance your feelings in deep and expansive ways for your own emotional happiness and well- being and that of others and this will bring about victory and liberation.
- May happen in the future: Five of Pentacles, reversed (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/five_pr.htm): Accept this Karmic lesson and understand your burdens. Don't give up - look for the new opportunities created by this setback. Don't get pulled into the "what-ifs" of tomorrow or the "if-onlys" of yesterday. You are experiencing a deep spiritual need - go deep within and seek inner council. When you find things difficult to understand - show more empathy and do not allow your sense of pride to stand in your way. Remain positive and look ahead - your present situation is never permanent. What have you chosen to give up or do without? Why? What are you worried or anxious about? What conventions/traditions are you rebelling against?
- The near future: King of Cups, reversed (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/king_cr.htm): Create your own happiness - stop waiting passively for life to wait upon you. Re-assess your priorities, your loyalties and your commitments. Eliminate the "should's" and begin to move toward that which has vitality, heart and meaning.
- My fears: The Lovers (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/lovers.htm): You have been offered two paths - it is time for your choice. Stick to your resolutions and make firm decisions. Discern the differences between the two, separate the true from the false. A union of the two suggests a rewarding relationship of self. Love can exist only in the absence of restrictions. Allow yourself to engage in emotional intimacy. The love of a specific person is necessary in your life now, for it will lead you to a new understanding of life.
What significant relationships are you involved in? How does these relationships mirror your own sense of self-worth? What choice or decision do you need to make? What responsibility will you have to take based on your decision? What needs to be combined, synthesized or brought together?
You can seek, you can ask, you can knock at the door - but you can not open the door by force. You are required to wait patiently for it to be opened. Dare to ask, have the will to seek, remain silent and listen long enough to know when the door has been opened to you.
- My environment: High Priestess (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/hipriest.htm): She is spiritual enlightenment, inner illumination, a link between the seen and unseen. Unrevealed future, hidden influences at work. Of special value for artists, poets, composers, and mystics. Creativity. Support by the goddesses. The perfect woman all men dream of.
From Haich: "In her left hand she holds two keys. These are the keys to this world and next. She has access to both worlds, she can lock or unlock the gates, enter or leave as she pleases. But she does not divulge the mysteries of these worlds to the immature."
Intellect alone - not fertilized by imagination and guided by the heart - is sterile. The High Priestess represents "reflection". Your dreams and meditations bring to the surface the hidden, subconscious past and future. All memory is recorded in your subconscious mind - probe below and get to the bottom of things. Keep the opposites in balance - be still, remain patient and reflect.
Here is the birth of duality, of energy, of prana, the feminine, of choice, of nurturing, of potential. The beginning of life in the emotional body - physical aspects of your emotions. Reproduction. Birth of rhythm and flow. Mother of Mothers. In any position this may be a figure of great importance to the readee, such as a teacher or guide. The root of all feminine principles. Subjectivity, Guardian of alternatives. Knowledge of the other. The ultimate female.
- My hopes: 4 of Swords, reversed (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/four_sr.htm): Allow yourself to return to life and activity now - emerge from your shell. Stress can effect you - the weight of your responsibilities may be too heavy. Seek advice from your higher self - pull back into solitude and consider the details of your situation calmly. Put your thoughts in order and determine your priorities. Do not try to over protect your mind or your ideas for they will wither and disappear as though they never existed. Centering and meditation practices can help you create the objectivity required to see all sides of an issue and from this experience something useful and powerful will emerge.
- Final outcome: Temperance (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/temperance.htm): the card of vibration, radiant energy, tempering and modification of experience. As we learn to transfer the life force from the imagination (moon) to the conscious (sun), the will is developed and the imagination purified so that in pouring from the silver cup to the golden one we lose nothing. This is another of the stages of occult progress that the fool must take on the path to mastery. Adaptation, tempering, coordination, self-control, good management. Working in harmony with others. What we've imagined will come to pass. Successful combinations will be achieved.
It is time for you to apply what you have learned - see what you have mastered - you are an artist in all phases of your life. Without temptation, there can be no spiritual progress. That is why it is so important for you to maintain balance right now. Trust that your patience will build your dreams. Take it easy and don't rush things - do not give up your security - you need more time before making any major decisions.
What are you feeling optimistic about? How are you combining the resources available to you? What are you testing or trying out? What needs to be healed or brought into balance?
Authentic inspiration always entails an inner upheaval which pierces the soul like an arrow. Separation develops from your inability to take life as it comes - moment by moment - combining the elements of your personality, so that they work in harmony with the outer world and flow together naturally. You withdrew from the world to find your inner Self. The time has come for you to return to the normal activities of life and involvement with the outer world. The energy of your unconscious, which was once displayed as the sexuality of your undeveloped personality - has been transformed and channeled through your awareness to become spirituality. Your strength has become energy and the process will be complete once the two combine.
It's time to move beyond the last decade's mix of awfulness and good things accomplished. Balance is important; I should proceed carefully, concentrate on my top priorities, trust my intuition, and try not to analyze things too much. Gee, where have I heard that before?
Sure enough, Aphrodite and Kali are once again all over the reading. Hiiii! D's there too; the world really does revolve around the high priestess (http://www.achangeiscoming.net/e-luminatus/index.php?title=Rationality%27s_not_looking_too_good_these_days#Aug_1.2C_2004:_Scientists_in_an_irrational_world).
Interpretations originally from Eden Gray's A complete guide to the Tarot and Crystal Reflections (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/)