Talk:January 1, 2012: Tarot reading
- The Significator (that is, me): The Fool (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/fool.htm)
- Covering me (the present): Two of Pentacles, reversed (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/two_pr.htm): Somebody dressed in raveware dances while playing with a leminiscate with two pentacles ... I'm sure it looks great under black light. The ships bheind are tossed on the high seas. Enforced gaiety, inability to handle several situations at once, simulated enjoyment. You have become overly passive to the point of inactivity. Waiting and watching - afraid to jump into the heat and passion of life. Is your disorganization is causing the difficulty? Consider a completely new approach. Look around for the deeper meaning to your experience. This is not a time of disappointment, but a time of expansion. Balanced changes in your relationships and work that can re-balance your life experiences. Positive change that is stable, solid and secure. What two or more situations are you handling with ease? What are you adapting to? What do you want to change in your home, profession, status, finances? What are you juggling in order to keep stable - money, weight, finances, lifestyle? In what ways do you play and use your excess energies? What calls for diplomacy?
- Crossing me (opposing forces, good or bad): Six of Pentacles (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/six_p.htm)From a good heart he shares with others. Gain in material undertakings, sharing with others justly, dispensing with justice. You will receive what you deserve. Success through physical attainment and accomplishment. A happy atmosphere surrounds you - good things are beginning to happen - you are about to enjoy the fruits of your labor. STOP WORRYING! Love gives you a feeling of abundance that you share with no fear of running out. Experience the success of producing those things which have deep internal motivation or inspiration for you - bring your resources together and create an alliance of power and success. Organize, co-create, make things happen by using all available ways and means. With whom are you sharing your prosperity, resources or abilities? How and to whom are you mentor, advisor or patron? How are you sharing the wealth of money, talent, information? What do you have to give that others need? How are you managing your time? What and from whom do you receive?
- The heart of the matter: Eight of Cups (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/eight_c.htm): A watchful moon observes. What should I be leaving behind; conversely, what do I need to make it a point not to abandon? Focus on what's important. Things thrown aside as soon as gained. Journeying from place to place. Disappointment in love. Leaving material success for something higher. Success abandoned. You have emotionally over-extended yourself: overindulgence to the point of burn-out. You are tired, feeling drained and depleted as a result of filling other people's needs and wants to the exclusion of your own. You want something entirely different. Rest and you will regenerate as new ideas begin to germinate. The time has come to move on - put the ordinary things of life behind you and move forward. Your emotional world is growing. Prepare to leave this stable situation and journey into the unknown: emotional quests/crusades, creative productivity/expansion. What do you feel weary of or dissatisfied with? What relationships or values are no longer relevant in your life? What or who is drawing on your energy and leaving you feeling emotionally drained? How can you withdraw or take time to renew yourself?
- Passing away: Ace of Pentacles (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/ace_p.htm): Eternal Synthesis, the great whole of the visible universe, the realization of counterbalanced power. The lilies of pure thought grow in the garden below. The beginning of wealth and material gain. Gold, prosperity, combined with pleasure and beauty. The physical/material beginning of things - the ultimate and successful completion of physical/material matters to the highest standards. It is time for you to ground your creative energy into material gain, contentment and the fulfillment of your hopes, wishes and desires. Allow yourself to experience the ultimate balance - mental, emotional, spiritual and physical success resulting in a joyful life. Bring together all your internal and external resources and talents. Everything is great now and successful ventures are possible if you start with a good foundation.
- Coming to pass: Ten of Swords, reversed (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/ten_sr.htm) Overthrow of evil forces. Some success and profit. Courage to rise again. In spiritual matters, looking to higher powers for help. Examine things from every angle and thoroughly pin down all the aspects of your situation. You are blocking reality, seeing only what you want to see, fearing that everything is going to come tumbling down around you. Stretch yourself in your search for knowledge and with diligence you will develop wisdom. When you are coming out of a bad situation - expect new and positive vibrations! A Karmic lesson has been completed and there will be steady improvement now. In what way are you feeling paralyzed or unable to act? Where do you feel that you have no choice? What are you being forced to accept? What is being sacrificed? What problem can you now let go of? By totally accepting defeat, what are you now free to do?
- The near future: Four of Swords (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/four_s.htm) Hermit's repose. Rest after war. Banishment. Relaxation of anxiety, release from suffering. There will soon be a change for the better. Maintain balance on all four levels - mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically. Things are changing. Stabilize yourself. Rest and take this time to think of new plans. Your dreams will come true but you must wait. Have you responded to your difficulties by isolating yourself - flattening your emotional reactions and trying to hide them deep inside yourself? There is no hurry now - consider this a convalescent period. Give yourself time - this situation is getting better. Build a solid foundation upon which you can expand. From what do you need to rest or retreat? Where do you need to focus your energies in order to recuperate your strength? What can you do to gain a better perspective and be fair and just in this situation? What kind of professional assistance would help most?
- My fears: Eight of Pentacles, reversed (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/eight_pr.htm): Danger of failing in ones ambitions. False vanity, intrigue, and sharp practice. Skill turned to cunning, like that of the counterfeiter. You could be going about things the wrong way. Your own impatience is creating this frustration and these unfulfilled ambitions. You can not take shortcuts to success - proceed in the proper way - attend to details and utilize your organizational skills. What are you working on preparing ahead of time? What skill or craft are you learning? What details do you need to examine and take care of? How can you create a regular time and place to work? What preparations do you need to make? What are you doing to take care of your health and well-being?
- What people around me think: Queen of Wands, reversed (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/queen_wr.htm) Domineering, obstinate, revengeful; likely to turn suddenly against another without cause. Recognize the people in your life who are narrow minded, possessive, manipulative, controlling, vindictive, take a domineering approach and are exceptionally strict and unbending. Too much disaster or opposition from life can turn them deceitful, unfaithful and bitter. It is essential that you demonstrate your self-trust now. Your internal and external experiences are revealing self-knowledge. Your basic good nature and positive attitudes, as well as your energy make you invaluable in a crisis or disaster. KNOW the "dark side" - bridge the conscious and the subconscious and discern which avenue will produce the best results for everyone concerned. [If this represented a person it would be a blonde with blue or hazel eyes, but it's not clear who in my life that would be.]
- My hopes: Four of Pentacles, reversed (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/four_pr.htm): What do I want? You have acted without giving yourself time to think. The energy has been released - allow yourself to experience the generosity and freedom as you begin to give your life some structure. [Taken literally these don't seem like thinks I'm really hoping for: prejudice, covetousness, the miser clinging to his gold, suspicion, hindrances, setbacks in material ambitions, too free with money, chance of loss of earthly possessions, acting without giving yourself time to think, refusal to use my money or resources. WTF? So maybe the best way to read this is that I have lost touch with my hopes -- my fears (or something) are clouding them.] What is keeping you centered? What are your greatest strengths? How are you powerful? What gives you a sense of security? What do you want to hold on to or possess? Who or what do you need to protect?
- Final outcome: Nine of Pentacles (http://www.crystal-reflections.com/tarot2/rider/nine_p.htm): Material well-being. You will experience mental, emotional, spiritual, physical and financial profit if you choose to follow what has heart and meaning to you. A mature well-dressed women with a tame falcon on wrist, representing well-controlled thought and a great love of gardens and home. Solitary enjoyment of the good things of life. Caution: be prudent. Organize your life. Distinguish what matters and what goals truly demand your best efforts. Unifying your wisdom with your love in a creative way facilitates tangible gain in all areas of your life. Materialize, manifest and realize your dreams. Follow your goal to the end and do not allow impatience to get in the way. What are you earning by your endeavors - material wealth, security, status? How are you enjoying what you have earned? How are you spending your leisure time? How do you give thanks for all that you've gained?